Thursday, April 29, 2010

Spring...I guess I'm glad you're here

I took some pictures this morning of some colorful improvements that prove spring is here. I've never really liked Spring that much, but then again, I'm glad it's not snowing anymore. I like summer even less because I don't like to be hot. But there's something nice about blue skies and the sunshine. Oh, and air conditioning.
I remember growing up, we never had air conditioning. Well, we had one window unit in our dining room. But no central air or anything for our bedrooms. What a bummer. I used to just lay on the sheets with no covers and pray for it to rain so the humidity would cease for a little bit. Sometimes we would all give in and sleep on air mattresses in the dining room. No wonder we spent so much time at the pool!
Now I'm such a baby when it comes to sweating the minute you walk outside in the summer.
We finally got some chair cushions for out patio chairs and I decided to put up a wreath that I made that's nice and summery. Since I love fall so much, I tend to decorate in those colors most of them time. So adding a little more color into my life is a good thing. Maybe I'll get some sewing done one of these days. Still mulling over choices for the borders, backing, etc. for the green/cream quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment