Monday, April 26, 2010






















I had pictures to post of some of the work I did this weekend on the green/cream quilt but they are not here. They are...missing? I think they never got saved or maybe Blogger stole them. Anyway, I have instead chosen to put more old projects on here and talk about them.

I made the diamond quilt for a friend. It was my first quilt that used diamonds, and let's just say that I never got in the "quilt groove" on this one. Truth is, I pretty much hated it from the start. Not the way it looked, just the whole process. I neglected to realize how much the fabric would stretch since I did not cut it correctly. Also, I chose to hand quilt Baptist Fans on this and it just took FOR-EH-VER. The backing fabric was cute though. It had angels on it. Just one of those that, for whatever reason, you are glad glad glad to get out of your sewing room!

The "I Spy" quilt was made for friends who live overseas. I was hoping to get some Midwestern accents in there so that she would know what corn, John Deere, and most importantly, the Iowa Hawkeyes were. I think it turned out pretty cute. Kind of busy, but a nice blanket that you can play a game with!
The snowman Christmas tree skirt was a panel that I sewed together and embellished for a friend who likes snowmen. I liked that it wasn't traditional red and green, but still wintery/Christmas-y.
As I can remember, the directions weren't very clear about how to handle the opening or even how to close it up so I sort of did my own thing. I sewed some ribbons on that she could tie closed around the tree trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment