Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oldies But Goodies











These are a couple of quilts that I made in the past for friends who were expecting babies. I have made a few large quilts, but mostly I have focused on baby-size blankets.
Both of these are handquilted. The first was for a highschool friend. I really liked it and made one for myself after the fact. It was the first time I had made a ruffle border instead of binding. I also added the felt "K" with some flowers, which I thought turned out cute. Now that I look at the pictures, I can see how dirty our carpet was. Gross!
The boats were made for a friend who had been in the Navy. It was a bit of a mess. I had a hard time finding a fabric that would be good for the sky that wasn't too cartoony. I bought the seagull fabric and thought it was perfect. Of course, I jumped right in, which is a failing of mine. I then realized I had cut all of the fabric so that the seagulls were flying "correctly" in half of the triangles. In the other half, they were on their sides. :) Not exactly going to work. So I had to buy more and re-cut it. But overall, I was happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment