Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seizure



I had a nice little surprise finish this weekend with a quilt that I have been stepping around for some time. I call it "Seizure" because I figure if you look at it long enough, it just may give you a seizure! I had it basted and ready to quilt forever ago, but it just never made it to the top of my list. I started hand-quilting it, and then stopped in favor of other projects. Friday night after I put my son to bed, I looked at it and decided that I was going to go for it. I ripped out the tiny bit of hand quilting there was (normally that would make me cringe, but there was literally about 12 inches of it total) and started in looping around in orange quilting thread. In no time at all, it was done! And it turned out great! I don't know what I was waiting for, frankly. So I slapped some binding on it and it's ready for...something other than waiting to be quilted! CHECK!! I got the fabric on clearance as part of a tote bag pattern. It's pretty wild and not really my taste, but someone out there might just like it!

I have the day off tomorrow and have declared it (to myself at least) as the day to "Cross Things Off the List" in honor of my triumphant finish of "Seizure". Wish me luck! It's a LONG list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment