Friday, May 21, 2010

Christmas in...May?

I've been holding on to some Christmas fabric for about 2 years now. It's sat in my sewing room in a plastic bag and every once in awhile I take it out and look at it and try to figure out what I could do with it. I love the fabrics themselves, but I couldn't think of a way to use them that I would be happy with so I would just pack them back up for another time. So many of the Christmas quilts out there are too country or too cute. Anyways, I finally found something I thought would work and so I just started cutting fabric. Just dive in, I say. It's going to involve applique, so I can get more practice with it. I might even try machine applique rather than doing it all by hand. And maybe, just maybe I'll have it done in time for Christmas. Well, I can hope, right?
On a non-sewing note, I've been dealing with some office politics lately. Turns out, I really hate that sort of thing. My husband is KING of those sorts of things and I'm hopeless. I generally really love going to work and all, but lately, it's just been frought with negative feelings and the tiniest bit of dispair. I felt like I had things in balance and I was proud of that since I recently had a child and was sorting out how everything would work out in my home/work life. Back to the drawing board, I guess. Nobody really reads this, so I guess it's okay to complain a little. Hopefully things will start looking up soon. Rickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment