Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quilting Adventures

I wasn't brave enough to title this "Quilting Disaster", but that's about what I've got on my hands. So the grey square quilt with fabric from Africa is pin-basted together and I started quilting it last night. Oh my. I'm seriously worried about the stability of this thing. I have already noticed some of the seams were coming unsewn. I'm quilting it tightly, but I'm not sure it's enough. I have put all this work into it, and I think I'll be happy with the way it turns out, but I should have just stopped after I washed the fabric and said, "This will not do!" Oh well. It will hold together for awhile and I'll just tell her not to wash it. Like, ever. :)
Of course, it's not that bad, but it's not great. We'll see how much luck I have repairing some of the little seams and then how it looks after I'm done quilting. By going over as many seams as possible, I feel like I'm reinforcing it, so hopefully that will add a lot of stability.
I've put any other projects on hold until I get this done for the obvious reason that, if I start something new, I will tend to work on that too much while the other, more pressing project gets neglected.
After I made the fabric basket in the previous post, I thought about making some Christmas-themed ones to use as stockings this year. I have to work, so people will be coming our way and it'd be nice to have something to put a few little things in. My family always did stockings and I want to keep the tradition going. Without stockings for the others, those fabric baskets might just do the trick. Not to mention, they'd be a whole lot easier to stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment