Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Finished Tent!


I finally finished the project I had been working on. Saturday morning I had a "Make-It-Work" moment (I could almost hear Tim Gunn saying it) and got it done. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but it turns out it was a hit! I was unsure about it because it was kind of big, and giving someone something that takes up a lot of space can be unwelcome. Kind of like when I gave our friend's boy a drum for his birthday. The kid loved it, but I'm guessing the parents are probably sick of it. I should revise my gift-giving guidelines. :) Also, I was unsure about the finish level of it. I didn't know if it would look cheap or poorly-made. In the end, she seemed to like it and her parents were at the very least, great actors. :) I learned a few things during the course of it so it hopefully won't take long to make one for my son. When I get around to it. After all those other projects that are hanging around in my sewing room.

I, of course, didn't take a picture of it before I gave it to her so I'll have to try to snatch a photo off of Facebook. We'll see how that goes.

I'm loving my new darning foot and have done some free-motion quilting recently. No finished items yet, but I'm close. Hopefully I'll get some time in the next few days. I also have about 27/35 appliqued stars done, so I'll be sewing that together sometime soon, too. Oh, more things to quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment