Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scrap Happiness

I was thinking about all of the projects that I'd like to do and then I started thinking about all the projects that are in various stages of completion in my sewing room. Kind of depressing. There are a lot of things that I get excited about and start in on and keep on going until it's finished. But there are just as many things that start with a bang and then fizzle out. One of my goals is to finish up these projects so that I can move ahead to other projects. I'm banning myself from starting a whole new set of problem projects before my others are done. But then again, I'm not the type of person to only have one thing going at a time.


Still, I finished quilting this monstrosity of scraps this past weekend. It isn't pretty and I'm not sure I'd even give it to anyone because it's really funky. But it's done and it will probably wear well since there's so many seams! I also used this Strawberry Shortcake fabric for the binding and I had JUST ENOUGH so it's gone gone gone from my stash. Yes! It was one of those fabrics that you're really not sure why you bought it and just want it GONE. Well, I can check that one of my list. Finally!



I've been looking around the Internet at some quilts, which always gets me in trouble. I see something that I just HAVE to make, and then I can't stop thinking about it until I do it. Not the greatest for someone who already has a lot of unfinished things going on. Yesterday I saw this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/67604797@N00/3919285645/
Uh oh. So last night I started cutting some scraps for this new project. I got to thinking, though, that maybe I need to be careful about the colors I use. I actually bought some scraps from a fellow blogger, Kristin, and I thought it would be nice to use them. But they're not all coordinated by color or anything. So I'm going to have to see if it will look good or just too crazy. It's funny to look at a bunch of scraps and not have a single memory about them. They are not familiar to you at all. You can't remember projects you used them for or where you bought them. Some of them you like, some you don't.
Well, we'll see how this plays out. I'm also messing with my sewing machine because I'm having issues with free-motion quilting. Maybe need a new darning foot. Oh, and I'm knee-deep in a Christmas quilt. Help! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment